Abby’s Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes is a delightful breakfast dish known for its fluffy texture and delicious flavor. It falls under the category of oven-baked pancakes and is a popular choice for special occasions or leisurely weekend mornings. Here’s all the information you asked for:
The history of Abby’s Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes is not widely documented, but it is likely a variation of the traditional pancake. Oven-baked pancakes have been enjoyed for generations as an alternative to the classic stovetop version, offering a unique twist on the breakfast favorite.
- Pancake Batter: A mixture of flour, eggs, milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt forms the base of the pancake batter.
- Peaches: Fresh or canned peaches are used to add a sweet and fruity element to the dish.
- Cream: Heavy cream is used to create a luscious and creamy texture.
- Sweeteners: Sugar is often added to the batter for sweetness, and additional powdered sugar or maple syrup can be used for serving.
Steps to Prepare:
- Preheat the oven: Set your oven to around 425°F (220°C) to ensure it’s hot enough for baking.
- Prepare the batter: In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, eggs, milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt until you have a smooth batter.
- Prepare the peaches: If using fresh peaches, peel and slice them. If using canned peaches, drain them well.
- Heat the skillet: Place a large oven-safe skillet on the stovetop over medium heat and add a bit of butter or oil to coat the bottom.
- Arrange the peaches: Once the skillet is hot, arrange the peach slices in a single layer.
- Pour the batter: Pour the prepared pancake batter over the peaches in the skillet.
- Bake: Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the pancake is puffed up and golden brown.
- Serve: Remove from the oven and drizzle with heavy cream. You can also sprinkle powdered sugar or drizzle with maple syrup for added sweetness.
The total time needed to prepare Abby’s Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes is approximately 30-40 minutes. This includes the time for preheating the oven, preparing the batter, baking, and serving.
Enjoy your delicious Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes, and have a wonderful breakfast experience!
Certainly, here are the nutrition facts and some health information for Abby’s Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes:
Nutrition Facts (per serving, approximate values):
- Calories: Around 300-350 calories
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 40-50g
- Protein: About 6-8g
- Fat: Around 10-15g
- Fiber: Approximately 2-3g
- Sugar: Around 15-20g
Caloric Intake: Abby’s Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes are moderately caloric due to the inclusion of flour, sugar, and cream. While they can be a satisfying treat, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes to avoid excessive calorie consumption.
Carbohydrates: The carbohydrate content primarily comes from the pancake batter and peaches. Carbohydrates provide energy, but it’s advisable to pair this dish with a source of protein to help stabilize blood sugar levels.
Protein: While the pancake batter contains some protein from the eggs and milk, it’s relatively modest. Consider adding a source of lean protein, such as a side of Greek yogurt or a few nuts, to make the meal more balanced and satisfying.
Fat: The fat content mainly comes from the cream and any added butter. Moderation is key, as high-fat foods can contribute to excess calorie intake.
Fiber: The fiber content is limited in this dish. You can enhance the fiber content by using whole grain flour in the batter or by adding a sprinkle of ground flaxseeds.
Sugar: The sugar content is mostly from the added sugar in the pancake batter and any sweeteners used. If you’re looking to reduce sugar intake, consider using natural sweeteners like honey or opting for a smaller amount of sugar.
Vitamins and Minerals: Peaches provide vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin A. However, oven-puffed pancakes may not be a significant source of essential nutrients. Consider incorporating a variety of fruits and whole foods into your overall diet for optimal nutrition.
Portion Control: Enjoy Abby’s Peaches ‘n Cream Oven-Puffed Pancakes in moderation, especially if you’re conscious of caloric intake and sugar consumption. Balancing this dish with a range of nutrient-dense foods is key to a healthy diet.
Remember that the nutritional values can vary based on portion size, specific ingredients used, and preparation methods. If you have specific dietary concerns or goals, it’s recommended to consult a registered dietitian or healthcare professional for personalized guidance.