A Little Chocolate Cake, also commonly known as a chocolate mug cake, is a simple and quick dessert that can be prepared in just a few minutes. It’s a single-serving cake that’s cooked in a mug or a microwave-safe container. Here’s the recipe, along with its history, ingredients, instructions, and preparation time:
Recipe: A Little Chocolate Cake (Chocolate Mug Cake)
The concept of microwave mug cakes gained popularity in the early 2000s as a quick and easy way to satisfy dessert cravings without having to bake a full-sized cake. The recipes are often simple and require basic pantry ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
- Whipped cream or ice cream for serving (optional)
- In a microwave-safe mug or bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix well until smooth and no lumps remain.
- If desired, stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave the mug on high for about 1 to 2 minutes. Cooking time may vary depending on the microwave’s power. The cake should rise and set, but be careful not to overcook it, as it can become dry.
- Let the cake cool for a minute or two before enjoying.
- If desired, top with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream before serving.
The preparation time for this chocolate mug cake is approximately 5 minutes, and the cooking time in the microwave ranges from 1 to 2 minutes. So, in around 6 to 7 minutes, you can have a delightful little chocolate cake ready to enjoy!
Remember, microwave wattages vary, so keep an eye on the cake while it’s cooking to prevent it from overflowing or becoming too dry. This recipe is perfect for satisfying sudden chocolate cravings or for a quick dessert fix.
Feel free to give it a try and enjoy your homemade A Little Chocolate Cake!
Certainly, here are the nutrition facts and some health information for “A Little Chocolate Cake,” the mug cake recipe:
Nutrition Facts (Approximate Values):
Please note that these values are approximate and can vary based on specific ingredients and portion sizes.
- Calories: Around 250-300 calories
- Carbohydrates: Approximately 30-35g
- Protein: Approximately 3-4g
- Fat: Around 15-18g
- Fiber: Approximately 2-3g
- Sugar: Around 15-20g
- Portion Control: Mug cakes are intended as single-serving desserts. Be mindful of portion sizes to avoid excessive calorie intake.
- Moderation: While mug cakes are a convenient treat, they can be high in sugar and fat. Enjoy them in moderation as an occasional indulgence.
- Nutrient Profile: The cake may contain some essential nutrients from ingredients like milk and cocoa powder, but it’s still a dessert and not a significant source of vitamins or minerals.
- Fiber: Adding whole wheat flour or a touch of oats can increase fiber content and help with digestion.
- Sugar Content: Consider reducing the amount of sugar used or opting for healthier sweeteners if you’re looking to cut back on sugar intake.
- Variations: You can experiment with healthier ingredient swaps, such as using almond flour or adding mashed banana for natural sweetness.
- Microwaving: Microwaving food can impact its nutrient content. However, mug cakes are typically cooked for a short time, so the impact might be minimal.
Remember, the key is moderation and balance. Enjoying a “A Little Chocolate Cake” as an occasional treat can be a delightful way to satisfy your sweet tooth. If you have specific dietary concerns or health goals, it’s a good idea to consult a nutritionist or healthcare professional.